Own or rent?

Discussion about your home, garden and pets.

Re: Own or rent?

Postby emja » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:25 pm

I guess the question is whether it's a value add for your property or whether you intend to stay where you are long enough to use it. I aim to move in 5 years but hope the boys will use it enough! I intend to spend most of my summer on a deck chair with a cocktail!
"Having talent and education does not place you above the rest of the world. It makes you responsible for it."
emja
Yep, I'm staying

Postby clags » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:29 pm

I'm sure you will get heaps of use out of it Em. We had a swim spa (indoor, but separate from the house) at our last house. We sold the house when J was born, but he would have loved it.
clags
Yep, I'm staying

Postby NayLou » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:30 pm

We are in no hurry to move, having just built this house. I want to value add and I see more value in adding a downstairs room/ensuite (almost a granny flat really) which will be a study and spare guest room, with internal stairs (we already have provisions made for the stairs to go in). I then want to add the pool. We are establishing lawns and gardens at the moment and that takes time, unless you wish to spend the big bucks on established trees and the like.

Don't know if I want to move up to the hinterland and live in Maleny. I am liking being close to the beaches down here in Woombye and the drive is good to unwind from work everyday.
NayLou
I'm liking it here

Custom Rank: Midget Ninja

Postby Linky » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:35 pm

Ryan wants to live her forever, I don't know. I kinda feel like I should have kept searching longer but I was aware that we were buying before a predicted property boom and I just wanted to get into the market again. The house is great, just a small block. If we put a pool in, we'd lose basically the entire backyard so it's probably not a good idea. We are focusing on changing the cosmetic stuff I. The house first anyhow.
Image Image Image
Linky
Yep, I'm staying

Postby emja » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:37 pm

The only thing 'wrong' with my house is the size of the block, just a few extra 100 mtrs. I also want to build again I stuffed up a few things the first time! But realistically everything else i dislike about our house I can change with the right $$ - tiles, kitchen cabinetry, deck rail. But I think I'd like to keep our current place as an investment need to chat with our accountant I think!!
"Having talent and education does not place you above the rest of the world. It makes you responsible for it."
emja
Yep, I'm staying

Postby NayLou » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:48 pm

The house next door to us to just sold really high, so our valuer said they would come and do another estimation for us. I want to get a few more things done cosmetically around here and there are things I wish I had have added and extended, but that can be easily done over the years. We have an 1800sqm block, so size is not the issue. Slope is the issue. We are on a massive sloping block. I run and up and down our driveway for leg day. Hahahaha.
NayLou
I'm liking it here

Custom Rank: Midget Ninja

Postby Neitz » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:13 pm

We have a pool. A is really good at it and does an excellent job of taking care of it.

Neitz
Yep, I'm staying

Custom Rank: Hard times require furious dancing!

Postby TMaz » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:57 pm

I would love to move to the country and have a bit of land, not to do anything specific like farming but just space.

TMaz
Yep, I'm staying

Custom Rank: crazy not stupid

Previous

Return to Manors and Menageries