What crafty things are you into?

Discuss your hobbies and show off your creative talents

What crafty things are you into?

Postby T » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:49 pm

Since my stroke, I've not been into much at all and my vision isn't great still, so I'd love to find something I can do.
Because of dialysis potentially starting soon, I'm thinking of getting into the adult colouring books by Johanna Basford (when I say 'adult colouring books', I feel like it sounds so x-rated).
I don't know what kind of dialysis I will do yet, but if I do haemodialysis, it definitely means only having the use of one hand. I don't know if I'm patient enough to knit or get back into card making etc., but I'd like to find something to do.
T
I'm liking it here

Custom Rank: Oldie but a goodie

Re: What crafty things are you into?

Postby Linky » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:18 pm

I have a few friends who do the colouring books - they love them. I just posted a link to some printable dolphn ones for a friend if you want it.

I don't really do anything crafty. I can sew but I don't have a machine so I don't do anything more than hair ties :) I am still vaguely into photography but I really need to upgrade my camera.
Image Image Image
Linky
Yep, I'm staying

Postby T » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:46 pm

I remember some of your gorgeous photos, Lynn!
Maybe you can send me a link to the dolphin one on FB, Lynn...or if you still have my email address, email it?
T
I'm liking it here

Custom Rank: Oldie but a goodie

Postby NayLou » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:42 pm

I sew, but have not for ages. I also cross-stitch and have taught myself to crochet. I rarely have time these days, running and the kids have taken over my life. Hahahaha.
NayLou
I'm liking it here

Custom Rank: Midget Ninja

Postby emja » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:11 pm

I am the least crafty person around, I actually got the lady to get me a different suit jacket today as a button felt loose and I know I can't replace it.
I bought my friend a colouring book last week, she loves it. It's only the kmart one.
"Having talent and education does not place you above the rest of the world. It makes you responsible for it."
emja
Yep, I'm staying

Postby Linky » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:24 pm

T wrote:I remember some of your gorgeous photos, Lynn!
Maybe you can send me a link to the dolphin one on FB, Lynn...or if you still have my email address, email it?

Will do!
Image Image Image
Linky
Yep, I'm staying

Postby Linky » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:27 pm

NayLou wrote:I sew, but have not for ages. I also cross-stitch and have taught myself to crochet. I rarely have time these days, running and the kids have taken over my life. Hahahaha.

My niece has inherited that gorgeous dress you made Cassie and insists on wearing it even in the winter :)
Image Image Image
Linky
Yep, I'm staying

Postby NayLou » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:44 pm

That has just made my day :D I loved making that gorgeous dress. It looks beautiful on Cassie. Hannah had the same one and when she outgrew it, I gave it to a friend and her little girl wore it until it fell apart.
I have a pile of things to sew for the kids when I get the chance. Hannah has a couple of skirt and dress patterns pulled out and Oliver just wants shorts, lots of shorts with lots of pockets. They are all quick sews, which is great. I have a bag I want to make myself, will see how I go. I miss it. Need to find time to do some more of it. :D
NayLou
I'm liking it here

Custom Rank: Midget Ninja

Postby clags » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:46 pm

I do not craft. I have no skills. Apparently I have to arrange a craft activity for CWA's December meeting. Maybe we could make Christmas cocktails?
clags
Yep, I'm staying

Postby Neitz » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:10 pm

clags wrote:I do not craft. I have no skills. Apparently I have to arrange a craft activity for CWA's December meeting. Maybe we could make Christmas cocktails?

Same. Except for having to arrange a craft activity. I don't have to do that. :lol:

Neitz
Yep, I'm staying

Custom Rank: Hard times require furious dancing!

Next

Return to Creative Souls