New job

Talk about your job, study or small business

New job

Postby emja » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:48 pm

So, some of you may remember my job interview from last week which I was not confident about, well I got a job offer on the weekend. As yet I haven't got official paperwork confirming it all but we talked $$ and start dates etc so yay!
Currently I do 3 days a week at a small firm an hour from home, this new job is closer than the boys school and with the biggest and best local firm, it is however full-time. I was very lucky to be headhunted and took the offer without question. I am however quite worried about the logistics of it all, new daycare for mr5, buses and OOSH for mr7, change of activities and dropping others. I'm terribly worried I won't meet the expectations of my new firm and just generally anxious.
I told my boss yesterday and he was great, very sad but understanding. I will miss him so much he is one of my closest friends. Onwards and upwards I guess...
"Having talent and education does not place you above the rest of the world. It makes you responsible for it."
emja
Yep, I'm staying

Re: New job

Postby NayLou » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:07 pm

You will do fine. Teething issues occur with change, I know this from moving to the Coast. We have had so many upheavals here with attending school and catching buses and with hubby being on leave from school I have had to pick up everything and work has been understanding. Your new firm will be very understanding of circumstances, until you find your feet, I am sure. Good on you for going onwards and upwards lovely. Yay :D
NayLou
I'm liking it here

Custom Rank: Midget Ninja

Postby TMaz » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:21 pm

Congratulations on the new job.
Once the teething out all the issues things will sort themselves into a nice routine.

TMaz
Yep, I'm staying

Custom Rank: crazy not stupid

Postby clags » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:41 pm

Congratulations! Remember they head hunted you so I'm sure you are more than capable. It will be a big change, but you'll all get into the new routine soon.
clags
Yep, I'm staying

Postby Linky » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:46 pm

Sounds like a challenge but I bet you can rise to it!
Image Image Image
Linky
Yep, I'm staying

Postby Neitz » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:43 pm

Like everyone else has said you will be great. They wanted you, so I am sure they know exactly what you are capable of, probably even more than you think. It will be a change and there will be an adjustment period but you'll get through it.

Neitz
Yep, I'm staying

Custom Rank: Hard times require furious dancing!

Postby emja » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:48 am

Well I'm coming around to being excited now. Daycare is booked in for Mr5, sports/activities have all be changed. The only thing I'm waiting on is bus and after school care info which I can't get until next week due to school holidays. Still waiting on the contract for the new job, which I want to have a good read through regarding things like leave without pay and core hours etc but I have been emailing with my new boss so I'm more confident and happy with everything. Last week I was so anxious and grumpy about everything.
"Having talent and education does not place you above the rest of the world. It makes you responsible for it."
emja
Yep, I'm staying

Postby Neitz » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:06 pm

I can understand that, especially when there is so much to organise. It seems overwhelming and you wonder if it was the right decision.

Neitz
Yep, I'm staying

Custom Rank: Hard times require furious dancing!

Postby clags » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:16 am

Great to hear you're getting organised! It's a lot to get your head around.
clags
Yep, I'm staying

Return to The Daily Grind